Home Survey & Quote for Installation
At Focal Point we understand that buying a fire or fireplace can be a sometimes daunting and difficult task. If this is the case then our installation service is perfect for you.
- How do I purchase a Home Survey and get things started? In order to initiate a Home Survey, please click ‘Book Now’ above. We initially charge £30 to cover the administration cost which is refunded to you if you proceed with the installation. You are under no obligation to proceed with the purchase and installation however this will mean that your £30 will not be refunded.
- How much does an installation cost? Every installation is different therefore it is difficult to specify a one-fits-all price. We do however have some guidelines for pricing that we adhere to. This ensures that no matter whatever your requirements we follow a fair-pricing policy. Fitting an electric fire starts from £149.00 and a gas fire from £199.00. Additional work will be charged accordingly and can be discussed with the installer at the time of the Home Survey.
- When will I be contacted? We/The appointed engineer will contact you within two working days to book a convenient date for your Home Survey.
- Who will be doing the Home Survey? We have a national network of Gas Safe registered installers and engineers, approved by us, to provide a complete service for all your gas and electric fire heating needs. They will also be happy to provide future servicing of your appliance to keep your fire covered by the terms of our guarantee.
- What will the happen on the Home Survey? Our approved Gas Safe engineer will check the type and condition of your flue, provide experienced advice and provide you with unbiased advice. The engineer will complete an on-site checklist and quotation form in order to quote a price for installation. If you require any decoration work such as painting or plastering, this should be discussed at this time. The price quoted is the price you will pay, there are no hidden extras. The engineer will forward the Home Survey quotation form to our Service Team within two working days of carrying out the Home Survey. A member of our Sales Team will then phone you to go through the quotation and take payment. The cost of installation is paid directly to Focal Point. For your convenience, no money is paid to the installer by you.
- Do you provide national coverage? Unfortunately, there are some postcodes where this service is currently unavailable. To avoid disappointment, please phone and check with our Service Team on 01202 499 330.
What to expect from your Home Survey & Installation:
- Carry out visual inspection of where the appliance is to be situated
- Remove existing appliance and inspect and measure builders opening and flue, carry out flue flow test and check the flue in its entirety. E.g. ground, first floors, loft, attic and terminal. Check condition, route and size of pipe run. Measure room if a flueless fire/stove is required.
- If safe to do so re-fit existing appliance and re-commission, if not, fill in the necessary warning/ advice notice and leave gas pipe to fire capped off.
- If an electric fire is to be fitted, the installer will advise on whether a fused spur is required, if so then a qualified electrician will have to carry out this work
- Once all information has been collated from the survey, advise the customer of any work that needs to be carried out before the installation of the new fire. For example; re-routing of pipe, building work in opening, support lintel, flue swept, making good wall, (air vent if flueless appliance)
- The installer will advise, accordingly of what appliance(s) are suitable by using the Superior Fires brochure.
Benefits of using our Home Survey & Installation service:
- UK network of approved Gas Safe registered installers for your peace of mind
- Appointed Focal Point Fires Customer Service Advisor to personally deal with your Home Survey & Installation
- Experienced installers specialising in the installation of gas fires, electric fires and fireplaces
- Highest quality installation service available
- Gas Safe Certificate of Installation
- Option to provide future servicing
- Fully insured installers
- All work guaranteed for one year
- Carry out visual inspection of where the appliance is to be situated.
Please see our Installation Service Terms and Conditions
|Fit Flued Gas Fire||£199|
|Fit Flueless Gas Fire||£199|
|Fit Electric Fire||£149|
|Fit Wooden Fireplace||£339|
|Fit Stone Fireplace||£439|
|Supply & Fit Wall Vent||£156|